The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it ~ Chinese proverb

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Reply to my friend Alex

Yeah, it’s pretty shocking. I’m relying on his big stubborn head, synergistically combined with my biggish stubborn head, to beat this thing. He learned of the grim prognosis today, and is pretty upset. I’m in a state of numb shock. His diagnosis is stage IV metastatic melanoma. He has several HUNDRED spots on his lungs, and two large masses. The spot in his brain is about 8mm, in the right frontal lobe. He has a PET scan on Monday, which scares the crap out of me. His Oncologist is worried that it’s everywhere. I’m so scared for him, because this fight is going to SUCK. He is dreading going through chemo again, fully knowing this time will be so much worse. I hope he uses Dani as his ray of hope, because he’s feeling fairly hopeless right now.

No comments: