The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it ~ Chinese proverb

Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Sampling of Messages We Have Received

From SK:

Hello Bryce:
Just wanted to say hello and tell you that you and your entire family are in my prayers each day and that I ask our Heavenly Father to take good care of you! Miss you greatly around here and wish that we could see your smiling face. My hope is that everything is going well for you and that the trip home from Colorado yesterday went okay. Remember that we love you and we all are hoping for the very best! Take care and know that there is not a day that goes by that we don't miss you. You take care, rest, and get stronger!



From CL:

I know you must be somewhat numb right now. I can only say that you will get through this. The experience will always be a part of you and the memories you create now will always be with you. I can't understand what it is like to hear a doctor say what you just described, but now you have to make the best of the time you have. You will have a lifetime to think and feel about it, but you only have a short time to be in this position. Don't leave yourself any regrets.


From SW:

Today I went to a Methodist Church(yes, me the borderline athiest)on behalf of Bryce and my husband. As the pastor said if there were any requests for prayers out there, I politely asked my neighbor if they would please say a prayer for Mr. Bryce Brown, and it was spoken.

From BW:

I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband Bryce's melanoma. I e-mailed my Mom who also had melanoma about your husband Bryce's state of condition and she e-mailed me back something that might help. I know you are currently inundated with alot of treatment regimes, diagnostics, and therapies; so I hope this information is not found overwhelming for you; I'm only trying to help. Here is some of what she said I cut and pasted into this e-mail "

In order to tolerate the IL-2 better and avoid the seemingly inevitable blood pressure crashing, tell Tammy that 40 mg of melatonin every night helps. One clinical trial showed that patients who took melatonin along with the IL-2 had a 50% lower incidence of hypotension. This is significant because hypotension is the primary reason they stop treatment. Melatonin is not a cure, but it seems to inhibit or retard the growth and proliferation of melanoma tumors and enhance the action of the IL-2.. It is a supportive or complementary therapy. It is used as a pallative treatment in Italy and Germany. I took high doses like this (30-40 mg.night) for six months after I stopped treatment. It was the only "follow-up" I had. It might not change the outcome, but it won't hurt, either.

Tell them I made a complete recovery, and my liver was HALF cancer. Give them hope, the numbers won't. Google: Metastatic Melanoma, SURVIVORS.
there are stories out there."

Please know my thoughts are with you and you family Tammy.


From DV:

As one who has been exactly where Tammy is right now, (my wonderful lifelong athlete husband died 7 years ago with a cancer that just kept spreading), please let her know that I will have her and her husband in my daily prayers. Miracles can and do happen!

From LS:

I want you to know that I am here for anything you need if you need a sitter for that cute baby I am avail anytime just call even at four in the morning if you need it. Im not a great cook but if your family needs dinners made up I would be willing to do that as well keep your hope high and we will all do the same. We love you guys and will keep you in our hearts.

1 comment:

Aunt Melanie said...

Tams and Bryce--I love you both so much and you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I'm loving your updates. Boy, are you articulate or what! Bryce, hang in there---we need to have a lot more laughs together. Wish so much I could be there to help. Consider the three of you "well hugged". Even though my heart is breaking I have great faith in possibilities. I will be there in a heart beat if you want or need me--just ask.Your Aunt Melanie and 'Unca Jimmy' love the heck out of you. Dani is a DOLL! Bryce, I pray there will be something in every moment that you can enjoy. I wish I had better words...
Love, Aunt Melanie