The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it ~ Chinese proverb

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Technicolor Yawn

We're learning a lot about chemotherapy. It takes several days to "kick in", and the effects last about two weeks. The tumor on Bryce's right shoulder is no longer the size of a softball. The deltoid muscle is still very hard, but it appears normal. We haven't checked on his heart since leaving the hospital.
Bryce is down to 2 liters of oxygen!! He had his oxygen off for about 5 minutes tonight, and his sats went down to 86%. Compared to the 50% to which he plummeted after just one minute last week, we'll take it!! His lungs must be doing better! He still gets very fatigued and winded after being on his feet for any length of time, and he sleeps most of the day. The past few nights have been rough, as his nausea wakes him. He calls it his morning sickness. (Holly, we can entertain him with our "Ralph" list ...calling the seals, driving the porcelain bus, the technicolor yawn...)
If his lungs continue to improve, Bryce might be able to do the next round of chemo in Salt Lake City. If they improve a lot, the biotherapy will be added to his regime and we'll go to Denver. We anticipate the next round to start August 15th.
Perhaps he'll lose his hair after the next round? Bald is SO in...

8 comments:

christine said...

Dear Tammy,
I am part of the MPIP famiy and share in this battle with your husband. Please know that I am praying for you and Bryce and your baby. I am checking this blog everyday and want you to know that you can email me if you need anything!!!!
Please send my best to Bryce and give that cute baby a kiss for me.
Fondly,
Christine

Jamie Newman said...

Tammy,
Have you checked with angelflights.com for possible air arrangements to Colorado? They generally arrange flights for ill children and their families and I know that private pilots offer their planes and time for emergencies and ill patients and some travel agents gets lists of charter legs that are open for these uses too. I don't really know how to get access to it but I'm wondering if angelflights could help. Just a thought. Please know that you, Bryce and your family have all been in our thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that this is happening to you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I'm grateful to be able to read the blog each day and know how Bryce is doing. Thanks for sharing with us.
All my love,
Jamie Newman

Anonymous said...

I think Bryce would make a very attractive bald man!

Lots of love to you both. You're in my heart and soul every day!

Christy

Derek said...

We love you guys! We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Bryce
Fields is falling apart with out your help. Pretzels are gone and TCBY not far behind. I think you pick a good time for a vacation. Cafe Rio is alright, just like any new job it has a learning curve. Get well soon son I need someone I can kick ass on in golf. Would like to stop by and say hi when you are up to it give me a call on my cell. I have the same # as before. Drive by your area at least twice a day, and a stop off I15 would be a relief.
Talk to you soon
My hope and prayers are with you because I do know what you parents and Family are going through. I have talk to your Dad a couple of times and he keeps me up dated. He brought a tear to my eye when he said that he had already lost one son & had no plans to lose another. All Dads need to fix things for their love ones. When we can not fix things life becomes real tough for us. Just remember your Dad is looking to fix something help him find that thing to fix.

God Bless you and your Family
Terry

Anonymous said...

T.
Just checking in. Give us all an update when you can. You are loved.
R

Wendy said...

Bryce and Tammy,

I know in a way what you are going through. I went through this ordeal with my sister Jennifer just a few months ago. You both are in our prayers and never give up on a miracle. They happen everyday. I have great faith in the Priesthood and our Father in Heaven and I know that if it is His will, you will survive this. You have a beautiful family and I admire both your strength and determination to fight. We love you and truly care about you. We will continue to pray for you all.

With love,

Wendy Hanson

Unknown said...

You guys are in our prayers! Keep looking up! I am glad Bryce is doing so well!