The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it ~ Chinese proverb

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So Many Visitors!

The stream of visitors we have had is amazing!! How can I not feel guilty when our room is packed, and my hospital neighbors are alone? ( I have already gotten to know one of our neighbors, but he was discharged. My mom and sisters made friends with him, which meant so much to him--you ladies ROCK. ) Several people have come by nearly every day, and we are so thankful for all of you. Our families (Ashley too :), Bishop Beattie, Matt, Mandi & Natey, I look forward to your visits every day! Sally, Beth and Becky, how I love you. You have come into my life and drastically altered its direction for the better. All my ladies in YW totally made my day, and I am excited to hang out with you again--good luck with starting school!
I can't keep naming people, because I may inadvertently leave somebody out, but Sunday was incredible. It was standing room only in here. Bryce was so touched--he had no idea how many people are pulling for him.
Last night was wonderful as well, because the Maher family came over and sang to us. The visit was capped off by a saxophone solo, which people on our floor are still talking about. Thank you!
Here's a shout out to all the Johns--Bryce is the luckiest guy to have you back in his life. You have stood by him through SO much, and you believed in him.
Matt, you are a HUGE stud! Don't you dare edit this out! ;) Thank you so much for helping us with the website and the lawn. I was so devastated by the direction this blog had taken lately, and you stepped in so selflessly to police this site. I'm sorry you have to see the unfortunate comments, but thanks for protecting the rest of us.
I know we missed several visitors tonight as we were napping (can you believe I can fit into that hospital bed next to Bryce?), and I’m sorry we didn’t have a chance to visit. I loved all the little notes. Please, take a cookie next time!
Kristi, your visit tonight was exactly what I needed. I'm still thinking auburn...
To the loutish bloggers, you have reaffirmed my faith. I know now more than ever that we are doing the right thing. Thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy-

I love you so much! Thank you for taking the time to post these updates, I anxiously await them and continue to send your family all of my love.

I'm glad you've got someone to help with editing the unwanted comments. That's the last thing you need to deal with right now.

Christy

Anonymous said...

There are many of us (mpip'ers) - keeping track of you & Bryce through your blog. Wish you all the luck, prayers, vibes, whatever it takes!

Don said...

I appreciate the updates as well.

Every day I continue to think about your family and hope for the best. You're both so amazing to deal with this with the strength you have shown.

Jeremy

Kim said...

Tammy and Bryce--

We send our love. I did drop by last night (around 8:30 p.m.), but the door was shut and everything was dark. I pushed the door open a little to look in, but my eyesight is so poor I could see nothing. I hope that you were getting good sleep. We pray alwyas for you and for the best.

Kim and Susan

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
You were so tiny in the bed next to Bryce that I almost didn't realize that you were there. LOL So happy to see you getting some sleep! As always...my thoughts and prayers are with the two of your constantly.
Mandi

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
Thinking of you napping next to Bryce is such a sweet tender thought to me. Try to do that as much as you can get away with!!! I wish I had. I never did that...in 4 1/2 months. With all of Gord's paraphenalia (sp??) and the chubette that I am, I was afraid of hurting him or pulling something out!! Now, I wish I would have dived in with reckless abandon!!!
I love you guys...Hang on and never forget just one foot in front of the other!!!
Sally

Trenholms said...

Tammy and Bryce~

What is there to say that hasn't already been said?? We are thinking of and praying for you every day. Hang in there; miracles DO happen! Give Dani a hug for us, too...she's a sweet little girl.

Love,

Ben and Shaunelle Trenholm

christine said...

GO BRYCE GO! GO BRYCE GO!!
Tammy I Wish I could hop on a plane and come out there to be with you or at least meet you.. Please give Bryce a hug for me !!! He is a true WARRIOR and I am so AMAZED BY HIM AND BOTH OF YOUR SPIRITS !!!GO GET EM!!!!!!
The last 3 nights I have turned on my TV and that exact scene on "City of Angels" is on where Nicholas cage touches the chest of the man that is sick and the man says " I know you are there...I can't see you but I know you are there. Go tell her (meaning Meg Ryan who plays the doctor) I'm not going anywhere...it's not my time yet so she can forget about it."
Every night for the last 3 nights after I get done praying for Bryce I settle down in my bed and turn on my TV and that's what comes on.
Bryce my prayer for you tonight, my friend is that with each breath you take you get a little more stronger, and that you feel the Lord surround you and that you give him your pain so you can focus on fighting this cancer!!!! You have made it so far Bryce!!!
Much Love to both of you!!!
Christine U